Establishment of an Enterprise and Event Management Unit (EEMU) is one of the major activities under the ELTA - ELSEs development project of the Faculty of Management (FOM), Uva Wellassa University (UWU), Badulla. In-lined with the university vision, it mainly aims to enhance the entrepreneurial skills of the undergraduates of FOM through establishing effective industry-university based partnerships.
We are focusing on all the internal events, external events, and creative events in on-premise and as well as off-premise. We make it our priority to understand our client’s objectives, working alongside clients from concept to completion to create a unique and memorable event.
We are mainly focusing on our objectives and the success of the EEMU.
The basic activities expected to be carried out by the EEMU are as follows,
1. Planning and organizing the "Internal Events" (On-Premise/ Off-Premise) as requested by the Event Owner (customer) such as a faculty, a department, a group, a person, etc.
2. Bidding for the events or parts of the events in the university.
3. Planning and organizing the “External Events” (On-Premise/ Off-Premise).
4. Maintaining the webpage of EEMU.
5. Advertising and promoting EEMU to gain events from internal and external customers.
6. Participating in the events being a part of the respective events. (Ex: organizing collaborative events, taking part in events).
8. Renting out the Equipment and Utensils. (Ex: Catering items, Camping gears)
9. Organizing creative events focusing on different segments in the target market.
10. Providing consultancy for projects, programs, and other works.